Join the National Movement: Digital Learning Day
Let's celebrate the power of technology in education by participating in Digital Learning Day on March 15, 2023. This day highlights the potential of technology to transform teaching and learning, and the impact it can have on student success. By embracing digital learning, we can provide students with engaging and personalized learning experiences, and prepare them for the digital future. This day is also for you - to be recognized and celebrated for the effective use of digital tools in your classroom.
Here's how you can get involved:
- Plan a lesson incorporating technology. Try something new that you have heard about but just have not had the chance to try yet. If you are not sure where to start, partner with your Technology & Learning Coach, a fellow colleague, or brainstorm with your students. They will have a variety of ideas to share.
- Showcase Day - Provide an opportunity for your class to showcase their digital skills. Our students come to us with many talents and skills and we can certainly learn a thing or two from them.
- I encourage you to check out Applied Digital Skills and look through some lessons that are ready-made for you to use with your students. If you use one of their lessons and share it on Social Media, use the hashtags #AppliedDigitalSkills and #DLDay for a chance to be featured. Don't forget to tag your school and your Technology & Learning Coach.
- Another simple idea is providing the students with some choice in how they can demonstrate their understanding. Creating a Choice Board will increase student engagement and motivation. You can read more about that in a blog post I wrote in November. Increase Student Engagement & Motivation with Choice Boards.
- If you didn't participate in the Hour of Code back in December, this could be a chance to introduce coding skills to your students. Search by grade band or interest to find an activity best suited for your students. If you Google "Hour of Code," you will find other websites that host lessons for you.
Join the national movement to celebrate and recognize the innovative ways technology is being used in the classroom. Let's demonstrate the transformative power of technology in education! I invite you to check out All4Ed's website to find some digital tools to try, plan your lesson/activity and sign up for the virtual celebration. https://all4ed.org/digital-learning-day/
Leave a comment below telling us your idea. I also encourage you to showcase your lesson/activity on Twitter. Use the hashtag #DLDay, #richlandtwo, and tag me, @NicholeMPorter so I can celebrate with you. If you are in Richland School District 2, invite your Technology & Learning Coach to visit your classroom.